What are Company Secretaries?
Since the Companies Act 2006 it is no longer been a requirement for companies to have a company secretary, but many companies find them useful in discharging some of the directors’ responsibilities, such as maintaining the company books or keeping the statutory filing up to date. The company secretary can be a director of the company, a third party (such as Fletcher Day Secretariat), but cannot be the company’s auditor or anyone who is a declared bankrupt.
The Fletcher Day Company Secretariat Service
At Fletcher Day we offer a company secretarial service through a dedicated secretarial company – Fletcher Day Secretariat Limited – which includes:
- Filing the Company’s annual Confirmation Statement, including maintenance of the required Register of Persons with Significant Control.
- Liaising with you to make changes to the company record throughout the year, such as:
- Adding / removing directors;
- Changes in share structure / issue of new shares;
- Changes to your Persons of Significant Control Register;
- Changes in registered office; etc. *
The cost of the Fletcher Day Company Secretarial service is £400 + VAT per year.
* Note that filing changes may include additional charges or be included as part of a transaction in which we are advising. Inclusion of filing of the annual Confirmation Statement is on the basis that the company register is correct at the time of filing. You will not incur any additional charges before they have been discussed fully with you beforehand.