Luiz rejoined Fletcher Day on 3 July 2017, after 3 years working at another Central London law firm.
Luiz is an international lawyer specialised in multi-jurisdictional disputes. Luiz acts for a number of clients ranging from start-up companies to multi-national enterprises and banks and advises on all aspects of disputes.
He is qualified as a Solicitor of England & Wales and a Brazilian lawyer registered with the Brazilian Bar (OAB/SP), where he sits as a member of the International Relations Committee.
In addition to working with disputes, Luiz has a thriving sub-practice with focus in the Brazil-UK trade relations, where he advises international and comparative law to clients with business operations in Brazil and the UK. He is also instructed as a Brazilian law expert in the English courts.
Luiz speaks Portuguese and Spanish.
· Advising international law to an American company with claims in Egypt, Germany, USA and Italy in relation to a contractual dispute of over USD 17m.
· Successful claim in excess of USD 2.3m for an American company against a UK-based importer of agribusiness products.
· Successfully assisted a Brazilian foundation (creditor) to claim back funds in insolvency proceedings in the UK.
· Set up business operations in Brazil for the export of UK-manufactured security equipment.
· Acting as Brazilian law expert in UK court proceedings in contractual disputes.
· Assisting clients in the sale and purchase of properties in Brazil and structuring deals.
· Representing UK investors via the Brazilian courts in a real estate deal.
· Advising clients in multi-jurisdictional family matters.
· Acting for clients in professional negligence cases against solicitors, surveyors and financial advisors.
· Acting in the enforcement of foreign judgments in the UK.
“Luiz is the best lawyer that I have ever worked with. His steady professionalism, unshakable, consistent style makes a him a fantastic lawyer.”
Emilly Arazi - Executive Director Fenwick Intl