Joshua advises on all aspects of commercial dispute resolution on both domestic and international matters.
In addition to UK based clients, Joshua has advised clients based in Italy, Australia, France, Russia, Lebanon, Ukraine and Spain.
Key areas of advice include, but are not limited to:
- Contractual disputes;
- Shareholder/partnership/company disputes;
- Debt collection;
- Interim remedies.
Recent work highlights
- Acting for a PEP in a multi-million pound dispute concerning a breach of a Deed. The matter proceeded to a 12 day trial at the High Court and included a worldwide freezing order.
- Acting on a multi-jurisdictional (BVI/Switzerland and London) ICC Arbitration concerning matters arising out of the breach of a shareholders’ agreement.
- Acting for a creative tech agency in a dispute concerning mismanagement and delivery of a virtual reality project.
- Acting for director of a caviar company in obtaining injunctive relief against another director.
- Advising a Richmond based property development company on an unfair prejudice action.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of a client who had been fraudulently deprived of funds.
- Defending a London-based accountancy practice on a claim brought by a exiting partner.
Joshua recognises the importance of alternative dispute resolution and will strive to settle a matter without the need for Court proceedings.
Prior to qualifying as a solicitor, Joshua studied law at the University of Reading and the legal practice course at the College of Law in Guildford.
Joshua lives in Surrey and in his spare time enjoys golf, antique silverware, architecture, eating out and spending time with friends and family.