Julia Purcell joined Fletcher Day in November 2017 as a Consultant Solicitor in the Dispute Resolution team.
Having read Law at Trinity College, Cambridge, Julia took her professional exams in Oxford (PGDLP, OXILP). She subsequently trained and qualified at an established London law firm, before specialising in commercial litigation, arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution.
Although Julia’s practice covers a broad range of national and international disputes, her interest and expertise lies in the fields of contractual construction and enforcement, professional negligence, trusts, finance and multijurisdictional disputes.
Julia’s recent cases include:
- A claim for damages brought by a developer against a failed Russian bank over the funding of a development of a new town in Greater Moscow;
- LCIA arbitration dealing with the interpretation of a shareholders’ agreement in relation to the operation of an oil terminal;
- A claim against a former accountant and company director for breach of trust, fiduciary duties and professional negligence;
- A successful challenge to the authenticity of a painting in a claim against a leading international auction house;
- Assisting a major UK business in enforcing contractual covenants, including a non-compete provision, and obtaining an ex parte injunction against a former director and shareholder requiring return of company property (a doorstep Piller order);
- Advising in relation to a proposed JV involving a 300-tonne Black Sea port;
- Assisting high net worth international clients seeking advice on asset structuring, family matters and UK property transactions.
Julia is bilingual in English and Russian and her dual British/Russian nationality allows her to travel easily between jurisdictions.