Luiz is an international lawyer focussing on multi-jurisdictional disputes. He acts for a broad range of clients from start-up companies to multi-national enterprises and banks, and advises on all aspects of dispute resolution.
Luiz is qualified as a Solicitor in England & Wales and a Brazilian lawyer registered with the Brazilian Bar (OAB/SP), where he sits as a member of the International Relations Committee.
In addition to advising on disputes, Luiz has two thriving sub-practices:
Brazil/UK trade relations - where he is regularly instructed to advise on international and comparative law to businesses in Brazil and the UK; and
Sports – he has recently assisted high profile Premier League players with a myriad of legal issues concerning their professional and personal lives, as well as advised start-up sports agencies.
Luiz speaks Portuguese, English and Spanish.
- Advising on international law to an American company with claims in Egypt, Germany, USA and Italy in relation to a contractual dispute of over USD 17m.
- Negotiating a successful claim for over USD 2.3m for an American company against a UK-based importer of agribusiness products.
- Successfully assisting a Brazilian foundation (creditor) to claim back funds in insolvency proceedings in the UK.
- Assisting with the establishment of business operations in Brazil for the export of UK-manufactured security equipment.
- Acting as Brazilian law expert in UK court proceedings in contractual disputes.
- Assisting clients in the sale and purchase of properties in Brazil and structuring deals.
- Representing UK investors via the Brazilian courts in a real estate deal.
- Advising clients in multi-jurisdictional family matters.
- Acting for clients in professional negligence cases against solicitors, surveyors and financial advisors.
- Acting in the enforcement of foreign judgments in the UK.
- Advising the set-up of operations in Brazil for a famous UK recruitment company.
“Luiz is the best lawyer that I have ever worked with. His steady professionalism, unshakable, consistent style makes a him a fantastic lawyer.”
Emilly Arazi - Executive Director Fenwick Int’l