Solicitor - Family
Yuliya is a solicitor in the Family department. She is multilingual and speaks Russian, Ukrainian and French. Yuliya advises individuals in respect of divorce, financial matters and disputes over children.
Yuliya first joined Fletcher Day as a paralegal and has progressed to a trainee solicitor and subsequently to a solicitor in the Family Department. As a Trainee Solicitor, Yuliya also gained experience in Corporate, Real Estate and Immigration. Yuliya obtained a distinction in her Master in Law (LLM LPC) at the University of Law in London.
Yuliya worked on a number of contentious family matters, including complex divorces, disputes over children in international families, applications to relocate, matters involving serious allegations and those requiring involvement of social services and CAFCASS.
Prior to changing her career to law, Yuliya gained experience in a number of industries, including real estate development projects in Bulgaria and Ukraine, civil aviation and events management. Yuliya also lived in Paris and Geneva and thus speaks French.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
NOTABLE CASES ASSISTED ON
- In the beginning of March 2020 lockdown, assisted on an urgent and highly contentious application in relation to an unlawful removal of two children from the mother's care
- Acted for a client in urgent children and injunctive proceedings involving threats to kill and threats to abduct a two-year old
- Assisted in a divorce and financial remedy proceedings involving assets in excess of £20m and complex non-matrimonial arguments
- Assist in preparing a complicated cohabitation agreement involving four trusts, multiple properties and different sources of income
- Assisted in a difficult relocation application to Spain
- Assisted on a contentious breakdown of a civil partnership involving disputes over maintenance of two children with special needs and the client subsequently moving to the USA
- Assisted on a variation of maintenance application when the client was no longer able to sustain regular spouse and child maintenance payments
- Assisted property solicitor on a £25m office development in Croydon, subsequently converted into 300+ residential units.
- Assisted corporate team on a £20m sale of a health and safety support business.
- Assisted corporate team on a £40m sale of a business involved in manufacturing and supplying surface finishing solutions.
- Was involved in an international arbitration involving a return of an aircraft to the original jurisdiction of Ukraine from the Republic of Cuba.
- Russian, Ukrainian and French.
MEMBERSHIP & RECOGNITION
- "Thank you so much for taking the time to speak to the students yesterday. It was immensely useful - not just for them, but for our staff as well. Your approach to emphasise concrete strategies and focus students' attention on practical ways to look into the various post-graduation visa pathways gave the whole session a positive tone and proved very effective. I'm pleased to say that student feedback has been overwhelmingly positive." - Daniel O'Mara, Associate Dean for Student Support and Career Services at Richmond University
- "Thank you for clarifying my different visa options, and giving me a clearer sense of the way forward. It seems to be a difficult process, but I am now confident that there is a way for me to gain stability and residency in the UK." - S. E. R., a US immigration client
- "Thank you very much for the work you have done, your professionalism and help. Thank you also for dealing with my queries so quickly. I will definitely recommend you and the firm to my friends." - Y. P., a client
- "Yuliya has been fantastic in dealing with my documents." - S. H., a client